What is Sustainable Landscaping?
What exactly is a "sustainable landscape" and how can you create your own? Simply put, sustainable landscaping involves selecting plants that are adapted to your climate and microclimate, and implementing environmentally sound maintenance practices.
Benefits of sustainable landscaping include:
- Beautiful water-efficient landscapes
- Healthy soils with a greater diversity of beneficial microbes
- Cleaner oceans and waterways
- Greater diversity of pollinators and beneficial wildlife
- Cleaner air
- Energy conservation
- Lower water, electric, and gas bills